Montero Mining & Exploration Ltd is a mineral exploration and development company focused primarily on the exploration, discovery and development of mineral properties in Africa. The Montero management team and Board of directors are experienced in gold, base metals, rare metals, industrial minerals and bulk commodities. Montero has discovered Rare Earth Elements ("REE") and phosphate deposits in Tanzania and South Africa. Primary assets are the Wigu Hill REE Property in Tanzania and the Duyker Eiland phosphate project in South Africa.
Montero is actively seeking to develop its new battery metals strategy by acquiring and evaluating new lithium and cobalt properties in Africa.
Montero Mining & Exploration aims to create value by utilising its Management and Board skills base by taking exploration properties up the value curve from discovery through feasibility and development. Montero with its new battery metals strategy and its current REE's and phosphates projects aims to create such value. The company has drilled discovery holes, developed NI43-101 compliant Resources and finalised Preliminary Economic Assessment to advance projects for sale or to mine development. Montero’s management will use its skills base and network in Africa to acquire other exploration and development projects through direct license application, joint venture or acquisition.
- Acquire major interest in exploration projects relevant to current commodity prices, demand and supply
- Focus on high grade low cost projects in stable mining jurisdictions where the company has experience
- Focus on Battery metals in Africa, lithium, tantalum, tin and cobalt
- Acquire, explore and develop Battery metal opportunities
- Further develop the Wigu Hill REE project in Tanzania
- Further develop the phosphate projects in South Africa
- Increase shareholder return by finding exploration stage projects and develop these through successful exploration to a development stage for joint venture and/or sale
- Conduct our business in a sustainable manner taking into account all stakeholders including local communities and the environment while maintaining the highest safety standards for all our personnel